Understanding Incontinence Ebook
Title: Understanding Incontinence
Author: G. Fairweather
The phone rings. You check your caller ID and see the incoming call is from your sister. Glancing at the calendar next to the phone, you see the upcoming Saturday is circled in red. You know it's your sister's birthday. And, you know she is calling to invite you to a birthday celebration.
As the phone continues to ring, one small tear escapes and rolls down your cheek. You won't take the call nor will you return it. You just add that family celebration to the growing list of events that you will have to avoid.
Your social life has disintegrated to what's on the television and takeout from a fast food restaurant.
At your workplace, you avoid making friends with co-workers because that might have put you at risk of a relationship that you can't participate in.
If this describes you, understand that you deserve better and it doesn't have to be that way. No longer do you need to be a slave to this condition. You can live a happy, productive life. You just need to. . .
Take back control
Urinary incontinence need not control your life. First, you need to grasp an understanding of how the urinary tract works and an understanding of why you are unable to control passage, either in small leakages or larger amounts.
The process should be simple, but when these involuntary leakages happen it can be due from any number of factors. Incontinence is not necessarily due to old age or childbearing.
The problem does not just affect the elderly, but youngsters as well, men and women alike. It can be temporary or chronic. It may be due to surgery, nervous disorders, disease or a myriad variety of other causes.
Unfortunately, embarrassment prevents many people from getting the help they need.
Where to begin
Your first step is to determine what type of incontinence you experience.
Understanding Incontinence is the first step toward ridding yourself of this condition once and for all. Discover:
- How your urinary system works
- The physiology of the urinary system
- The function of your kidneys
- Available treatments
- The difference types of kidney stones
- Common causes of incontinence
- Hygiene and personal care
- Incontinence, childbirth and related myths revealed
- Kegel exercises
- Diet and lifestyle changes
- Natural healing options
- Bedwetting and incontinence in children
- Useful tips for everyday survival
It's time to educate yourself. Learn how your urinary system should work. Determine what type of incontinence you are experiencing. Stop worrying about the effects and take the first step toward handling this problem once and for all.
Understanding Incontinence is the first step. Get the answers you need today so you can begin the road to recovery tomorrow!
INCONTINENCE- AN OVERVIEW
2. WHAT IS INCONTINENCE?
3. PHYSIOLOGY AND FUNCTION OF THE BLADDER AND URINARY TRACT?.
- MALE AND FEMALE URETHRA
- PHYSIOLOGY OF URINARY SYSTEM
- WORKING OF YOUR URINARY SYSTEM
- WHAT IS A KIDNEY STONE?
- YOUR KIDNEYS
- TYPES OF KIDNEY STONES
- SOME AVAILABLE TREATMENTS
- Examples of Kidney Stones
- Shock Waves
- Tunnel Surgery
- HOW DOCTORS IDENTIFY THE STONE
- AVOID MORE STONES
- THE TYPE OF STONE INDICATES THE BEST TREATMENTS
- IMPORTANT POINTS
- Most stones will pass out of the body without a doctor's help.
4. SIGNS OF INCONTINENCE
- SIGNS OF INCONTINENCE
5. TYPES OF INCONTINENCE
- STRESS INCONTINENCE
- Classification of Stress Incontinence
- URGE INCONTINENCE
- OVERFLOW INCONTINENCE
- FUNCTIONAL INCONTINENCE
- REFLEX INCONTINENCE
- MIXED INCONTINENCE
- SURGERY-INDUCED INCONTINENCE
- ANATOMICAL INCONTINENCE
- MAIN CAUSES FOR CHRONIC INCONTINENCE
- Labor and Incontinence
- DOES CHILDBIRTH CAUSE INCONTINENCE?
- What happens when you push while in Labor?
- Forceps Delivery and Incontinence
- Vaginal Delivery and Incontinence
- Is Incontinence a sure happening after childbirth?
- Effects of Kegel exercises
- Does childbirth weaken the urinary system?
- Cesarean deliveries and Incontinence
- How to prevent Incontinence due to childbirth
9. HYGIENE AND PERSONAL CARE
- Incontinence Dermatitis
- COMMON INFECTIONS OF INCONTINENCE
- Bacterial Infection
- Fungal Infection
- Exposure to Caustic Agents
- Choosing the right garments
- REEDUCATION OF NERVOUS AND MUSCULAR SYSTEMS
- BLADDER DRILL
- MULTI-COMPONENT BEHAVIORAL TRAINING
- OTHER SIMPLE MEASURES
- KEGEL EXERCISES
12. KEGEL EXERCISES
- EFFECTS OF KEGEL EXERCISES
- WHEN AND HOW TO DO
13. NATURAL HEALING
- HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT
- EXERCISE IS A MUST
14. DIET AND LIFESTYLE CHANGES
- Exercising details and some common methods to check leakage
- DIETARY MEASURES
16. COPING WITH INCONTINENCE AND SUPPORT GROUPS
17. MANAGING INCONTINENCE WITH UNDERGARMENTS AND PADS
- PADS AND UNDERGARMENTS
18. BEDWETTING AND INCONTINENCE IN CHILDREN
- TREATMENTS AND REMEDIES
- TYPES OF ENURESIS (BEDWETTING)
19. MANAGING INCONTINENCE IN THE ELDERLY
20. HOW IS INCONTINENCE DIAGNOSED?
21. HOW IS INCONTINENCE TREATED?
- NON-SURGICAL REMEDIES
- Pelvic Floor Exercises
- DETRUSOR INSTABILITY
- Collagen Injections
- Behavior Modification
- IRRITATIVE VOIDING SYNDROME
- Anterior Vaginal Repair
- Retropubic Suspension
- Needle Bladder Neck Suspension
- Sling Procedure
- TREATMENTS AND MEDICATIONS
23. SURGICAL TREATMENTS
24. COMPLICATIONS OF SURGERY
25. NONINVASIVE DEVICES - WILL THEY WORK FOR YOU?
26. OVERCOMING FECAL INCONTINENCE
- ANALYSIS AND EXAMINATION
- CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
SPECIAL BONUS REPORT - CANINE INCONTINENCE
- Treatments for Canine Incontinence
- Causes for Canine Incontinence
- Structural Incontinence
- Other Causes for Incontinence
|The Maternal Management of Children, in Health and Disease|
Author: Thomas Bull
Category: Children, Parenting
|Understanding The 3 Levels of Salvation: Spirit, Soul & Body|
Author: Everest John Alexander
Category: Christian Books, Religion, Spirituality
|Primal Tightwad: Maximizing Your Health on a Minimal Budget|
Author: Carolyn Rush
|The Survival Medicine Guide|
Category: Medicine, Self Help
|The Ultimate Guide To Healthy Koi Fish|
Author: Adam Boyle
Category: Fish and Fishing
|Primary Care - Oral Health Action Pack|
Author: Robert Nara
|The Guide to Handheld and Palmtop Computing Resources for Health Care Professionals|
|Better Health Today|
Category: Health, Self Help
Site owner: Put the rating form on your site!
Listing wrong or need to be updated? Modify it.
Child Custody (11)
Christian Books (81)
Cover design (3)
Fish and Fishing (37)
For Authors (54)
Green Products (29)
Home Business (118)
How To (137)
Illustrated Picture Books (5)
Law and Legal (13)
Real Estate (36)
SEO and Promotion (60)
Science Fiction (26)
Self Defense (35)
Self Help (285)
Weight Loss (97)
Young Adult (32)
From: World Wide Web Awards™
E-Library has been selected to receive the World Wide Web Awards™ "Gold"Award.
The World Wide Web Gold Award represents web presence at its best.
Select spelling error with your mouse and press Esc